I loved this book! Who doesn’t have an attitude at this age? It’s like looking in a mirror and seeing how I used to act. Even Mom loved the book and could identify with Vicky’s mother. This story is so realistic and true to life! I highly recommend this novel to mothers and daughters everywhere. Read it together. It’s a great bonding experience.
Everyone thinks Vicky has an attitude problem, but in her eyes, she’s simply being realistic and honest about what she thinks and feels. If people can’t handle it, well… it’s their problem.
The novel recounts a young woman’s coming of age, with a little bit of sassiness and a lot of heart. Jam-packed with emotional conflict, trials and tribulations, romance and humor, this winner of 8 literary awards follows outspoken, materialistic 17-year-old Victoria Benson on her rocky road to adulthood as she struggles with financial setbacks, bullying, first love, idealism, loss and forgiveness along the way.
Raising children has never been easy… And guiding them through adolescence in our tumultuous modern world? Maddening! Today’s teens want entertainment! What they need, however, is a little bit of guidance, especially given the challenges of the current US economy. Written for young adults, ages 15 and up, and their parents, The Attitude Girl is an inspirational, award-winning timely book that gives them both…
Selected as the Best Young Adult Novel of the Year by the 2010 Premier Book Awards, The Attitude Girl also placed as a Finalist of the 2010 National Indie Excellence Awards, was named a First-place Winner in the Young Adult/Teenage category at the 2009 London Book Festival and in the Arizona Authors Association Annual Literary Awards contest (Novels), and additionally received four Honorable Mentions in 2009/2010 literary competitions.
In her debut novel, a winner of 8 literary awards, Ludmila “Mila” Bernadkin draws on her experience as a teacher, mother and advanced graduateof the Instituteof Children’s Literature to identify with the tremulous world of confusing emotions and mixed messages of “maturity” today’s teens live in as they feel their waythrough the process of becoming young adults.
One lucky winner will win a copy of the book directly from Mila.
Contest ends Sunday, September 11 at 11:59pm PST.
HOW TO ENTER:
• Head to Mila’s website https://www.AttitudeGirlBook.com and take a look around. Leave a comment telling me what you liked about the site.
• Follow Mila on Twitter @llbernakin
• Leave a comment saying how you follow CreatedbyChicks.com.
Earn additional entries (please leave a separate comment for each additional entry):
• Blog about this giveaway, with a link back to here, for two additional entries. When you leave your comment make sure to include the URL to your post. Please write original content and not just copy this blog to yours. You could write about why you’d like to win this giveaway.
• Follow CreatedbyChicks.com in Twitter @createdbychicks for an additional entry.
• Like CreatedbyChicks.com on Facebook for an additional entry.
• Grab the CreatedbyChicks.com button and display it on your blog or website for 5 additional entries. Then come back and leave a comment with the name of your site and URL address. (If the button is not displayed on your homepage but it is posted elsewhere, you will not be eligible to win with your additional entries).
• Tweet about this review and giveaway. Please tweet the following: “I want to win the Attitude Girl book from #CreatedByChicks.com”. After your tweet, please leave the URL of your tweet so I can check. You can re-tweet once a day for 1 entry each time.• Comment on any one of CreatedbyChicks.com non giveaway posts for an additional entry. Leave a comment here to let me know which post it is. Read fine print:
Lucky winner or winners will be selected through True Random Number Generator. If your profile page does not show your email address, please include your email address in your comment, so that I may get in touch with you if you are selected as the giveaway winner. Each giveaway winner has 48 hours to respond to the winner’s email. If the winner does not reply within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen using the True Random Number Generator. If you would like to know who was the lucky winner of a giveaway, please go back to the original post of that giveaway. Once a winner is selected through random.org, I will post a screen shot of the the number random.org picked. You will be able to see which number has been selected and if you scroll down to the bottom of the page, you can cross check who the giveaway winner is. A complimentary product (or products) was sent to me for review purposes. I did not receive any form of compensation from the company. All opinions are my own and not influenced in anyway. Reviews are not always positive, but they are my personal and honest opinions and do not reflect the sentiment of the CreatedbyChicks.com community. Other people’s views and experiences with the product or products might be different from mine.