Your kids will delight in these snack and there are so tasty even the big kids (a.k.a. Mom or Dad) will like them.
- 1 1/4 cups butter, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups grape or strawberry jelly
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup light roast peanut flour, divided
- 1 cup salted, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- Preheat oven to 350° . Line bottom and sides of a 13- x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil, allowing 2 to 3 inches to extend over sides; lightly grease foil.
- Cut 1 cup butter into small pieces. Pulse butter pieces, all-purpose flour, and powdered sugar in a food processor 5 to 6 times or until mixture is crumbly. Press mixture into bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° on an oven rack one-third up from bottom of oven 22 to 24 minutes or just until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together jelly, peanut butter, and 1/4 cup peanut flour in a small bowl until smooth.
- Microwave remaining 1/4 cup butter in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 25 seconds or until melted. Stir in peanuts, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 cup peanut flour until well blended and crumbly.
- Spread jelly mixture over crust, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle peanut mixture around edges of pan and over jelly mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or just until jelly mixture begins to puff. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 1 hour).
- Carefully and quickly lift baked bars from pan, using foil sides as handles. Place on a cutting board, and cut into 24 bars.