Since I am a matchmaker, I hear what is important to men, what turns them on and keeps them interested. I hate to say this, but men are visual creatures and there is just no way getting around it.
Staying slim and trim is one of the most important things that you can do to attract and keep a man and also for your overall health, which should be the top priority. Did you know that high blood pressure is twice as common in overweight people? Or that your risk of arthritis increases 9-13% for every 2 pounds of weight you gain, or that gaining as little as 11-18 pounds doubles your chance of developing type 2 diabetes, or that women who gain more than 20 pounds between the age of 18 and midlife double the risk of developing breast cancer after menopause? It’s about far more than looks for vanity’s sake — the benefits of staying in shape cover all aspects of a woman’s life. You want to enjoy a long and active relationship with your soul mate when you find him – that should be impetus enough!
You might be willing but thinking, hey, I just don’t have the time to exercise, what with my full-time job and the kids and everything else I have to do. Let me tell you, you can’t afford not to make the time.
Of course you don’t want to obsess about your weight endlessly, or beat yourself up about extra pounds. I’m sure you all know one of those women who are roughly the size of a twig but still think that they’re fat. You know, one ones who make everybody miserable with picky ordering at restaurants and refusing to ever eat a real meal. Puh-leeeze! Looking and feeling healthy, fit, strong and sexy is the goal to aspire to.
Eating healthily can definitely be a challenge for women on the go, but you can do it! If you stick to Deepak Chopra’s advice: “Avoid eating anything with a label on it,” you will be off to an amazing start! Here are some easy, helpful tips you should try if you’re not already doing them.
- Invest in a juicer and make wonderful fresh vegetable and fruit juices right at home.
- Drink plenty of filtered water. Sodas of any kind are terrible for your health and should be cut out of your diet.
- Drink green tea daily. Green tea has powerful antioxidants, catechins that have been shown to fight viruses, slow aging, reduce high blood pressure, lower blood sugar, and help prevent cancer. Green tea also boosts the immune system and also helps prevent tooth decay.
- Avoid eating fried foods.
- Incorporate olive oil into your diet. If you want to sweeten coffee, cereal, smoothies etc. skip the refined sugar and use stevia instead. It can be purchased at any health food store. Stevia is sweeter than sugar and it is a non-caloric herb native to Paraguay that has been used as a sweetener and flavor enhancer for centuries.
- Cut animal products out of your diet. They are loaded with saturated fats, hormones and antibiotics. If you don’t feel that you can cut them out completely, try to cut down to a couple of times per week. Your body and the animals will thank you.
- Eat Goji berries everyday. You can buy them at any health food store. The Goji berry is a complete protein loaded with 18 amino acids including all 8 essential amino acids. They contain over 20 trace minerals and vitamins including iron, zinc, copper, B complex, vitamin C and E.
Slowly making healthy and smart changes will get you and keep you on the road to looking and feeling great!