Website Maintenance Terms of Agreement
Terms and Conditions
By signing up for a Maintenance plan with CreatedbyChicks.com, you hereafter ‘The Client’ and Untitled Advertising and Public Relations, LLC; hereafter ‘The Contractor’ enter into the following contract.
‘The Client’ is contracting ‘The Contractor’ as a provider of web site maintenance services for the URL: runalltheraces.com
Services not considered ‘standard website maintenance’ are subject to be charged at a regular hourly rate of $60.00, and will not be considered part of this contract.
What IS included in this agreement:
‘Contractor’ agrees to provide:
- Weekly Website Backups. To maintain a full backup of web site through the duration of this contract. This backup will be delivered in full to client on closing of this contract or at such a time as is required in the event of the need to restore the site from said backup.
- Weekly Updates. To update the site’s content management system (CMS) as required – this ensures that the website is using the most up to date version available. The latest version is usually the most secure version. And to update any extensions(plugins) or scripts used on your website, thus ensuring that they are also the most up to date versions. This also includes deleting any unused or unnecessary extensions(plugins).
- Weekly Security Scans and Unlimited Cleanups. To install and optimizing security protocols/extensions to best protect your site from unwanted intrusion and setup automated security scans. The scans check for malware, cross-site scripting, injections and other malicious code; also includes server-side scans and unlimited malware cleanup.
- Email Support. To report any malfunction with the original design of the website, with a 72-24 business hours turnaround (according to plan). Contractor will be available for consultation, and guidance on the use of the web site and/or to troubleshoot elements that may not be working to specification. This is void if Client breaks the site by moving, changing or adding anything to the website that is not considered content (adding/changing posts and adding new pages is considered content. Modifying current pages, adding plugins, changing themes, changing fonts, colors, etc… are not considered content). In that case, fixes will be billed at the hourly rate specified above.
- Included Tasks. 1-2 hrs of tasks monthly, depending on plan. This includes content additions and/or revisions such as text or photos. Anything outside this scope and/or beyond the specified time allowed will be billed hourly ($60/hr).
What is NOT included in this agreement:
- Additional content or photo changes to the website. Changes to the content beyond the agreed 1-2hrs will be billed hourly ($60) outside of this agreement.
- Website redesign, re-alignment or re-development.
- Search engine optimization services
- CMS design or integration including but not limited to [non pre-existing] blogs, shopping carts and web forums, social site integration. These require a separate design/development agreement.
- Adding new pages, posts, services or elements to any of mention areas.
- Acquiring, installing, and setting up plugins for additional site functionality or because malfunction from the plugins source.
- E-commerce site maintenance, content creation or updating – such sites will be subject to specific e-commerce contracts or e-commerce addendum to a basic site maintenance contract.
Contractor shall provide the Client with basic WordPress core, theme and plugins updates to the web site as well as security monitoring on on-going basis within the duration of this contract, billed quarterly at $49-$199/mo (according to selected plan) and automatically renewed at the end of each term unless cancelled by Client.
During the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that the Contractor will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the web site, and no other party (including Client) will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party other than the Contractor makes changes to the web site, any errors that are created and that must be repaired will be charged for at the hourly rate specified above.
Any revisions, additions or redesign the Client requests the Contractor to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered “additional” and will require separate agreement and payment. Contractor shall advise the Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
Client hereby authorizes the Contractor to access their web hosting account, providing active user name / password combinations for access to the server via FTP, control panel and admin area, assuring that ‘write permissions’ are in place on said hosting provider.
Client may cancel this website maintenance agreement at any time, by providing one month’s written notice, provided that payment is up-to-date. Cancellation will occur at the end of the billing period. No pro-rata refunds will be made available.
Contractor reserves the right to cancel this website maintenance agreement at any time, for any reason, without prior notification and will provide a cancellation notice either electronically to the email address of record for the Client.
Client and Contractor are independent parties and nothing in this Agreement shall constitute either party as the employer, principal or partner of or joint venture with the other party. Neither Client nor Contractor has any authority to assume or create any obligation or liability, either express or implied, on behalf of the other.
The undersigned agrees to the terms of this agreement on behalf of his or her organization or business.