Homemade Spa-like Pedicure
I love, love getting pedicures! But since we moved to a new area and I don’t know of any good place to go. I have trust issues but that’s another story. So, while baby was talking a nap I decided to give myself a pedicure. It’s fun and relaxing and having pretty feet is a bonus, a BIG bonus! I had all the ingredients at home, and I’m sure you do too! Here’s what I used:
Exfoliating Feet Rub:
- 1/4 c of Epson salts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- A few drops of Lavender essential oil
Just combine all the ingredients in a jar with an air tight lid.
Now, you can have a Spa-Quality Pedicure at Home:
- Remove old nail polish. Choose an acetone-free remover (which is gentler) to get rid of all traces of your last pedicure.
- Soak your feet. Use warm water and soak for a few minutes or as long as you please, and be sure to pat dry before the next step.
- Remove dead skin. This is when the ladies at the corner nail salon take out one of those scary razor blades and the spa ladies rub expensive scrubs on your feet. Well, my darling, pull out your homemade foot rub and slather on your feet and legs, feels so good! Pay special attention to rough heels and rinse away sloughed-off skin when done.
- Clip and shape nails. Get your toenails back to a respectable length and shape with a pair of clippers and a file.
- Tackle Your Cuticles. By this, I mean for you to reach for one of those angled wooden tools and push overgrown cuticles back into place.
- Trim Excess Skin. Perhaps the most important step, you’ll need a cuticle trimmer to help you remove dead, rough skin from all around your nails. Be VERY careful – these tools are sharp and you don’t want to harm your delicate skin.
- Moisturize. Slather on a coat of rich moisturizer or olive oil and give your feet a mini-massage. Wipe any lotion off your nails with a clean towel or cotton pad before applying polish.
- Polish. Choose your favorite nail color and apply two even coats to each nail. And voilà pretty feet!
Do you have any favorite scrubs? Please share below… I’d love to know about more!